Booking a hotel in the Perth CBD has advantages for business travellers and holiday tourists. The Perth Central Business district is the lively hub of our boom capital city of Western Australia. It’s where businesses, lawmakers, administrators, community leaders and 3 tiers of government and their agencies come together. The Perth CBD is where you’ll see smartly attired business executives and tourist holidaymakers come mixed in a vibrant setting bounded by the wide Swan River to the south, Kings Park to the west, the multicultural restaurant area of Northbridge to the north, Burswood hotels near Perth stadium to the east.
ADVANTAGES OF CBD HOTELS IN PERTH
The advantages of staying in hotels near the centre of Perth include, within walking distance:
- Near to boat, bus and train central transport hubs to GLreater Perth. The FREE public CAT bus service in the Perth CBD is efficient transport from/to your Perth hotel to all parts of the Perth CBD. Hop on, hop off free public transport is a good option if you don’t want to walk.
- Close to many other Perth CBD hotels where your friends/associates, expos, meetings, seminars, conferences, weddings etc in 2023 might be held
- CBD hotels are near the Perth Convention Exhibition Centre.
- Hotels in the Perth CBD have good hotel restaurants and if that’s not satisfying enough CBD hotels are near good Perth restaurants.
- Perth hotels at the western end of the Perth CBD are near Parliament House and near many West Perth locations of:
- Close to NorthBridge with its advantages of:
- Lots of ethnic restaurants serving delicious ethnic cuisine near the Perth CBD. Try superb Western Australian seafood from the pristine waters of WA’s 12,500km coastline.
- Perth cultural centre including close proximity to the fabulous, new Perth museum and the Art Gallary of Western Australia
- At the east end of the Perth CBD in East Perth, your hotel is near Royal Perth hospital where my wife works.
- Nextdoor to RPH is the Big Catholic Cathederal which is worth a look inside at the grand architecture build in local stone and beautiful stained glass windows. Nextdoor is Mercedes College where I taught science in 1979 before heading off to Aitutaki Cook Islands for ten years as head of science and relief Aitutaki Resort manager.
- If you’re booked in a Perth CBD hotel, you’ll get free day tour pickup from Perth hotels. Unless your hotel on en route from your CBD hotel to the Perth tour destination you won’t get a free hotel pickup.
- The tallest hotels in Perth are in the CBD. They give good views over the Perth CBD and beyond to Fremantle and the Indian Ocean.
- If you need a male or female escort near Perth CBD hotels, then know CBD hotels are in closer walking distance to a higher concentration of independent and agency escorts in Perth.